Registration at the VSCL is a mandatory legal requirement for veterinarians to practice in Sri Lanka. Graduates from Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science at University of Peradeniya and any graduate qualified from approved Veterinary college have to register at the VCSL prior to practice in Sri Lanka.
The requirements for registration with the Sri Lanka Veterinary Council could be accessed here
Guidelines of practice for registered veterinarians under the VCSL/Revised CODE OF CONDUCT - Download
APPLICATION FOR IDENTITY CARD - Download
APPLICATION FOR PROVISIONAL REGISTRATION - Download
APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION - Download
APPLICATION FOR QUALIFYING EXAMINATION TO OBTAIN POVISIONAL REGISTRATION - Download
Application for Temporary Registration as a Veterinary Surgeon in Sri Lanka - Download
REVISED FEE FOR THE SERVICES RENDERED BY VCSL (with effect from January 2023).
- Issuing letters of good/professional standing of Sri Lankan veterinary graduates to foreign universities or institutions: SLR 10,000 for applicants residing overseas and SLR 5000 for local applicants
- Issuing letters to banks in Sri Lanka: SLR 1000
- Issuing of new VCSL registration certificate in place of lost certificates: SLR 7,500
- Issuing of new VCSL registration certificate: SLR 2000
- Issuing of VCSL ID cards: SLR 1000
- Issuing of Internship completion letter: SLR 2000
- Temporary registration for veterinarians of foreign nationalities: USD 100/year